Sunday, February 24, 2008

A Lesson in Photography

So I've finally picked my Photography hobby off the shelf once more, and hopefully I'll stick to it this time. I've been experimenting with all of the basics of photography that I never learned (such as the fun of long exposures), and picking up what I can. I really do need to get a little bit more formal education on the subject, but it's more fun to pick up little bits here and there and incorporate them as I go.

To go along with this revival, I think I will be stopping my use of PicasaWeb for online presentation of my photos, and instead rely solely on Flickr. Despite my previous nay-saying about Flickr, it really is superior when it comes to a community of photographers. PicasaWeb on the other hand tends to be better for the equivalent of your father showing you slides of his childhood -- not necessarily of any artistic value, but the telling of a story or event in its whole.

I have also treated myself to two new pieces of equipment to go along with my Nikon D80 camera: a new tripod, and a new lens. The lens is a Nikkor 18-200mm VR, a super-zoom with built-in vibration reduction; the better to assist my shaky hands.

In any case, you'll probably be finding my PicasaWeb albums to stagnate, so instead direct your attention to Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/magdalar/

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home